Previously, this was a blog mostly to harass my poor friends and family with the details of my life. Don't worry-- that will continue. However, I'm also going to use this as a terrible forum for dialogue about green tips and eco-revolutions. Hopefully it will be helpful and entertaining...

Friday, May 14, 2010

Cancer and Chemicals

So you know how I've been going on and on about reducing chemicals in the house-- especially toiletries and cleaning stuff-- it's nice to hear that the President's Cancer Panel agrees that *surprise* most of this "better living through chemistry" stuff is likely to lead to "better dying through cancer"... Okay, they said it in a more politic way, but still. PLEASE go check it out. It has some basic tips for reducing cancer risks-- like going organic and not microwaving plastic.

I think an important aspect of this is also reducing the huge amount of un- or barely- regulated chemicals in the home. For exactly that reason, when we move in a few weeks, I'm giving all my nasty chemical cleaning stuff to my housemate (ok that sounds bad, but really she's going to use the stuff anyways...) and keeping ONLY the good stuff. Ditto for my toiletries. Still working on Matthew...

Since if you're reading this, I love you, please go check out the report and consider following at least some of the advice. It can't hurt you, at least. At best, it could help you avoid cancer!

No comments: