Previously, this was a blog mostly to harass my poor friends and family with the details of my life. Don't worry-- that will continue. However, I'm also going to use this as a terrible forum for dialogue about green tips and eco-revolutions. Hopefully it will be helpful and entertaining...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ripping Out my Stitches (and my hair)

So after mostly finishing the heel flap, I measured it and it was about 3 inches instead of 2 and a half. I ripped our a couple of rows and got it to about 2 and a half. Then I turned the heel!!! And it looked AWESOME!!! Then, as I was picking up the stitches for the heel gusset, I realized that by decreasing the rows I had completely messed with the pattern. I was already confused enough about picking up stitches, so I decided to back, rip out the picking up of stitches AND the heel turning. So now I have to re-knit the rows I ripped out in the first place, redo the heel turning, and then somehow manage to figure out how to pick up the stitches for the heel gusset. Despite the set back, it's going well. I just hate ripping out stitches, but oh well!!!

No comments: