Previously, this was a blog mostly to harass my poor friends and family with the details of my life. Don't worry-- that will continue. However, I'm also going to use this as a terrible forum for dialogue about green tips and eco-revolutions. Hopefully it will be helpful and entertaining...

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Done with the Easy Part... Hurray?

Well, I've finished the ribbing and the sock leg and it looks adorable so far. Now I'm on to the difficult parts. I've already hit a snag, as I've never dealt with slipping knitwise or purlwise and the whole thing has me absolutely confused. From what I've picked up at various websites, I just stick the needle in "as if to purl" but then I DON'T purl-- I just put the stitch on the other needle... something about this seems off. Maybe it's just the way I hold my needles or something, but it seems that if I slip a stitch it will look the same, whether I stick the needle in the front or the back. I guess I'll just have to experiment and guess. I think it has something to do with the yarn being in the front or the back. Meh... Hopefully I'll figure it out tonight...

No comments: