Previously, this was a blog mostly to harass my poor friends and family with the details of my life. Don't worry-- that will continue. However, I'm also going to use this as a terrible forum for dialogue about green tips and eco-revolutions. Hopefully it will be helpful and entertaining...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Practice Prelims!

For those of you who don't know, the next major hurdle in my obtaining of three letters (PhD) is my prelims. It's basically a defense of my dissertation proposal and an oral exam combined into three FANTASTIC hours. It's scheduled for Friday, April 30, from 9 to noon-- so everyone be thinking of me then. Anyways, today I did a dry run with a bunch of PhD students, and I did really well! THEY EVEN SAID SO, I AM NOT MAKING THAT UP. AND NOT JUST BECAUSE I BROUGHT THEM DONUTS AND COFFEE. So *phew* I feel a lot less worried about prelims, but still a healthy dose of terrified. Now to find the inspiration to do work...

No comments: