Previously, this was a blog mostly to harass my poor friends and family with the details of my life. Don't worry-- that will continue. However, I'm also going to use this as a terrible forum for dialogue about green tips and eco-revolutions. Hopefully it will be helpful and entertaining...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Probably the most boring blog by me, ever.


 SO GET READY!!! Just to give everyone the bad news up front, we did NOT get to go ice climbing this weekend. The weather up on Ruapehu was apparently quite formidable and, as we did not want to die a horrid, Shining-inspired death, we were forced to give up our trip. And we don't get to do it later because there aren't any other open weekends. So that sucks...

On Friday, Becca, Rob, and I attempted to see "An Inconvenient Truth", but it was sold out-- which was almost awesome just because it was the only sold out movie on a Friday night. Instead, we rented "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" which was very enjoyable the second time around. If you have not seen it, go see it. It is, after all, Papa Steve's namesake. HI PAPA STEVE!!! And I subsequently got the joy of crocheting for quite some time.

On Saturday, Rob and I watched an insanely large amount of Dr. Who (Season 2, bitches), then went to town and drank hard cider, then ate kebabs and walked back to campus and watched some more Dr. Who. AKA, best night ever.

On Sunday, Becca, Rob, and I went to Te Manawa, a very cool museum right in Palmy. We looked at some very cool Kiwi art and some historical exhibits. Then we went into the kids area, where we served as key detectives in solving a murder mystery and rhino kidnapping. We believe that we have discovered the identity of those involved, but we cannot be certain until late October... When the exhibit closes, and I think they do something that will tell us for certain...

So that was my weekend. Very relaxing and I got ahead on some of this so-called "schoolwork", not to mention my yarn crafting! I kind of feel like I'm finally really getting settled. I have my orientation, I know who I like to hang out with, I have a routine. It's almost like I feel normal here! (as normal as I ever get that is)...

Just to amuse myself and others, I was telling the lovely Miss Julia about how sensational the newspapers are here, and here is a wonderful example... Look at the headline on the far right...


Sensational, no?

So, boring blog! But next weekend I am going to Auckland to see the Mighty Mighty All Blacks and then there will be many pictures and other things! I love you all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont see any mention of the rug convention

Anonymous said...

Hooray for routines, soon you will forget your routine back in the states, you will think "What did i do with myself there, i don't really remember my life style" (although you will of course remember the people!). Speaking of people, I did the Commons training the past two days and you were mentioned numerous times, and not just by tyler and i! love you!